Monday 15 July 2013

What would we do without SMS?

I finally got round to upgrading my phone today! So my trusty old IPhone 3 (almost a relic I hear you shout) is now officially retired. As I started to move everything over to my new phone, I began to realise how much we all use our phones, to organise our lives. We all take for granted that we expect to be able to access information, make bookings, shop online, text , and oh yes don’t forget actually phone to speak to someone (or is that old fashioned now?), as well as many other things, and we don’t give it a seconds thought what time of day or night it is.

It’s a busy time for Zipporah at the moment as we roll out many of our new and exciting Neo Online systems. Our ongoing partnerships across the UK, Ireland and as far afield as the beautiful Australian coast have ensured that our ongoing investment in development ensures that we are at the fore front of our technology as we all demand more and more from online experiences.

Our system now integrates with SMS service providers which is a must for anyone like me, a busy mum who relies on text messages to remind me what I have done, what I should be doing , and what is coming up next.

SMS integration is a simple and inexpensive way to remind people about the appointment time and the required documents they need to bring along. If you need to cancel, you can call the number embedded in the body of the SMS and reschedule to a more convenient time! This simple solution proved to save both time and money in the number of Registration Offices across the UK already.

So this July, as you register with your local council to give notice for your up and coming marriage ceremony, booking your active courses to get fit, or ordering visitor books for your holidays, it may well be an experience that has been provided by Zipporah ensuring your online booking experience is second to none.

Lastly, while I am writing about SMS messages, I will leave you some advice my 14 year old daughter gave me recently by text message:

Daughter: Mum, why are you using LOL in your text message?

Me: You made me Laugh

Daughter: You can’t use LOL!

Me: Why?

Daughter: 1. You’re not a teenager
2. Nobody uses LOL any more, it’s not cool

Me: Oh, so how am I to express that you made me laugh?

Daughter: Use haha or :D

Me: OK, is heehee acceptable?

Daughter: Ok, I will allow you that one


If anyone else has some useful text message advice for us, please let me know :D


Kathryn Hubbard
Zipporah Project Manager